Employer Verifications verify previous positions, including dates employed and job title. If the employer utilizes a third party service (e.g. The Work Number), ScoutLogic will verify the employment through the service and a pass-through fee is added on the report. ScoutLogic does not mark up those fees. If there is no 3rd party service, ScoutLogic will manually verify the information provided.
How it works
Scout Logic contacts (call, email, fax) the employer specified up to 3 times over 5 business days in order to verify employment. Although we request the employer's phone number, we'll only use it if we cannot find one on our own.
Keep in mind that Employment Verifications don’t:
- Verify self-employment
- Provide entire employment history
- Include salary (due to some states' laws)
- Perform reference checks
Employer Verification flags are typically triggered for the following reasons:
- The candidate-reported dates of employment show a discrepancy of more than one month from verified dates.
- Employment dates are not available.
- The employer has no written documentation to confirm employment dates.
- The candidate-reported job title differs from the verified title.
- The candidate-reported salary differs from the verified salary (Note that salary is not reported in the results).
- The employer reports the candidate is not eligible for rehire for reasons aside from company policy.
- The employer indicates that the candidate left on bad terms.
- The employer reports that the candidate left without giving notice.
Due to these rigorous standards, discrepancies in Employer Verifications are common, whether intentional or unintentional from the candidate's end.